Wednesday 27 July 2011

A piece of mind

Although our slab has not been poured yet.  We are planning on getting an independent inspector on board as early as possible.  Beside from giving us a piece of mind.  Logically, if they are building in volume and hiring sub-contractors to do the job, what is the chance that the quality of their workmanship is high.  Any normal individual who has been pressured into doing heaps of houses within a short period of time would rush through it to get it done, no matter what the cost is, even if the house is not structural or otherwise right.  Obviously it does not give those people an excuse for producing bad quality of work, but that is reality.  Its a business after all.  It is all about high profit at low costs.  And we are just another number producing revenue for them.  I really don't trust builders..actually I lie, I used to and thought that they were working for the good of their customers.

I may sound pessimistic but one cannot be so naive as to think all will be well if you just leave it all up to the builders. If you know me personally, you would know I am actually one of the most naive and gullible people around.  As I know myself, I really don't want to be conned, especially on a house which has cost a lot and where sacrifices will have to made to pay it off.

Truthfully, I was never so negative like this until I discovered a great forum which has taught me so much and other people like me and my partner who are first home builders and who has gone through a lot of dramas while building.  It made me realise that its not all sunshine and rainbows.  Yes I had previously truly believed that all we had to do was sign a contract and then leave it up to them to build a wonderful house for us.  I'm just so glad I found out the truth about building before it was too late and before my wallet became even more emptier then it is.

Until they prove me wrong, I will be highly suspicious of everything they do.  My partner however has told me to not be so negative cause apparently negative thinking will cause negative results.  But its not really negative thinking, its just logic.  But deep down I truly hope they do prove me wrong and everything that I have read.

No comments:

Post a Comment